Tuesday, February 05, 2008

We have new owners in the apartment complex I live in. And with the new owners came remodeling. This includes new cabinets and counter tops, as well as sinks. This is good because the old ones had been there since the place was built in 1974 and not much had been done to them since (I took some before pics and will be taking some after pics. Will post them sometime in the next week or so. There is some other stuff that is going to be done, but for now all that has been done in my apartment is that.

So why am I posting about this now instead of when I have the after pics and am ready to post all those? Simple. Because I have to complain about the people putting them in. Last night, shortly after getting back from dinner with Rae, they knocked on my door and asked when a good time to put them in would be. I said when ever they wanted to. After doing some checking they said that they would be in to do them around 9 AM and that it wouldn't take to long.

So I woke up early with the thought that I would go to the Fiend for Breakfast while they put them in. 9 passed and while I knew they were there (I could hear them banging around in the hallways) they hadn't arrived. Noon came and went and still nothing. I know cable installation guys who are better then this. They might say they will be there some time that morning, but at least they will be there that morning.

Finally the guys showed up around 3 and said it would take about two hours. So I decided to head out, run some errands, get something to eat (all my stuff is packed away so they can put in the new cabinets, so I can't even make a sandwich.) I was gone for a little over an hour (it was 4:14 when I walked in) and they were still working on them. No big deal. They still have 45 minutes.

Here's the problem though. As I am typing this, it is 5:54. They still aren’t done (the counter tops are either not in here or not attached.) The door to my apartment, as well as the building is wide open, (I'm guessing it is somewhere between 10 and 15 degrees out) and they have been standing around talking since about 5:30!



They finally started working again, or at least I can hear them working outside, and one of them just walked in to take some measurements, but this is ridiculous. I'm glad I ate a late lunch, because I doubt I will even beagle to start on supper before 6:30 (good thing I got some Pizza.) You can tell these guys are getting paid by the hour.

The cabinets look nice, even in their unfinished state. Much better then the old ones. But they are doing a terrible job of time management and scheduling.






Update: 6:15: They are finally done and out of here. The new cabinets and counter tops look nice and I love the new sinks and the counter top in the bathroom. It is much better then the old one. After pics have been taken and will be up later this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home