Monday, February 23, 2009

Brainwashing Of The Masses

I've been playing catch up after not reading some of the comics listed in the side bar since November, and some even further back then that, and I found this one in PVP's archive



Here is the thing, they don't need to do what Cole or Jade tell them to do (BTW, I haven't read any further yet, so I don't know if it ever reveals who they did end up voting for) (And don't tell me if you know or I will hunt you down and kill you.) (ok, maybe not kill, maybe just seriously injure) (ok, maybe not seriously injure, but I will give you a mean look, that much I can promise)

All they needed to do is the same as most good sheep did on election day and vote for who ever the talking box in the living room told them to vote for.

Before I go any further, let me just say that if you voted for Obama because, after looking at all the candidates and where they stand on the issues, you thought he was the best person for the job, then I am not talking about you. If you voted for him because you are a Democrat or Liberal and chose him as a way of towing the company line, then I am also no talking about you.

I'm talking about all the people that voted for him because of the popularity contest that was being run all day and all night since last December by the news media.

Starting back in December, or maybe it was January, don't remember, all you heard about was Obama VS Clinton. And some times there was some mentions of the Republican candidates, but it was almost an after thought. (BTW, in a somewhat unrelated note but related because it deals with the manipulation of the masses be the Powers That Be through the news media, they deliberately didn't give any news and ignored Ron Paul during the campaign coverage)

Then, when Clinton backed out race and it was clear that McCain would be the Re publican's candidate, it became the McCain Bad, Obama Good show. I don't remember a single time that I heard or read a bad thing about Obama or a good thing about McCain (or later Palin) during the race. At least not by domestic news media. BBC was more even in their coverage, both good and bad. If I had been more interested, I probably would have just watched BBC news instead of CNN.

If I recall correctly the even admitted at one point to giving more air time to Obama stories. Between that that the fact that the time that they did give to McCain was mostly of the McCain Bad sort, it's no wonder Obama won!

Between this post and another one that I will probably do after this, I have a feeling that I can expect a fair amount of angry comments and/or e-mails should anyone actually read this, so let me state that, for the record, I have nothing against Obama. as I said on election day, I voted for McCain based on comedy potential because I don't like either guy and a vote for a third party candidate or even a write in would have been a waste. I hope he does well. not too impressed so far (future post about that) But with under 2 moths under his belt, it is hard to say how he will do and I wish him the best of luck. I just wish he had been elected based on the informed decision of the voters and not the brainwashing of the masses.




Update: doesn't say who the kids voted for, but Brent had the right idea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home