Monday, July 12, 2010

I just finished watching Taylor's Ultimate on the Cooking channel, and he was making Omelets!

I love omelets. Actually I love eggs in general. the Cook book I am slowly working on has a section for Breakfast dishes and a section for Egg dishes. That is how much I love eggs.

I missed the first few minutes, which I am guessing was just intro stuff. He went to France to learn how to make a French Omelet, then he went to Spain to learn how to make a Tortilla De Patatas, an omelet similar to a Fritata, or similar to the omelets my mom made growing up.

The thing I don't get is why go to Spain? When he made his "Ultimate" Omelet (there was no meat or cheese involved so I don't know how it can be called ultimate. Then again, I am from the Midwest and he is from New York, so that might be why) all he used was the techniques he learned in France, which he already knew how to do. He did nothing to do with the Spanish version he learned to make. Couldn't he have Incorporated that in some how? Maybe serve it with some fried potatoes or something?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home