Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Enemies At The Gates

The warriors advanced through the fog, their red eyes piercing through the night. Their black helmets hid their faces. The face panels down, all that could be seen was their eyes. Their helms were a twisted abomination of the one I wore on my own head. Their armor was impressive and fearsome, and as black as the hearts in their chests. Their swords were just as wicked. Made of black steel, the twisted serpents fangs looked as if they could pierce armor just as easily as flesh.

They continued their advance until the reached the gate of the caer. They stared at me through the portcullis. I could smell the hate, the anger, the evil radiating from them. I looked up and saw that they were climbing the wall. The soldiers on the wall were being overwhelmed. The portcullis started to rise. I drew my sword.

This was it. If we failed to defeat this unholy army, the Great King would fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home