Sunday, August 12, 2007

My little zoo is growing.

In the sound booth at Church, we have had a Tigger toy floating around for several years now. No one really knows where it came from, but he has been there for a long time, moved to a different spot as new equipment is added and old stuff is removed.

So this year, when I started running sound again after a couple of years off I set him underneath the computer monitor, on top of the VCR. (Sundays were one of only two days that I could sleep pass three when I was in the Bakery. I took advantage of it. as long as I was there to teach Sunday School, it was ok.)

He was by himself for a while, but during play practice Mo and Caleb decided that he was lonely, so they found a Pooh toy in the nursery, as well as a green Rhino (the closes we could come to Eeyore) A brown elephant that lived on Cat's drum set visited for a while during the play. We named him Dumbo.

And now, after this week's VBS, a snake of some sort showed up. I'm going to call him Kaa, after the character in the Jungle Book. In the Disney movie he was a bad guy, but in the original book he was a heroic character and one of Mowgli's mentors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home