Friday, December 21, 2007

I was just watching Mail Call and they went into Cheyenne Mountain, the home of NORAD (and Stargate Command, but they didn't say anything about that.)

Obviously there was heavy security on the way in, as it should be. After all this is where the leaders of the country go in case of an emergency.on 9/11 it was pretty much the most important location in the US, not only because the President was there, but also because they were the ones trying to figure out what was going on.

Given the importance of NORAD, I am a bit concerned about the fact that the buildings inside Cheyenne Mountain are locked by simple 4 button locks. a 2-4 digit code is needed, made up of four buttons, is required to get into most of the facilities inside NORAD. Am I the only one concerned that this place is less secure then the nursing home I worked at when I started this blog? We had 5 button locks. Why is one of the most important places in the free world less secure then a nursing home?

Granted you had to get pass the main security, and the locks are mainly there so that people who don't have security clearance to certain areas can't get it, but this still concerns me.

It gets better though. right after that (which I am currently watching) was Our Generation, where they are talking about the toys of baby boomers. At one point they were at a toy museum and went down to the "Vault" where they keep the toys that they don't have on display for various reasons. It seemed to have just as much security as the buildings inside Cheyenne Mountain! Have to have heavy security to protect that original Etch A Sketch mint in sealed box.

On an unrelated note, through out Our Generation, the host was searching for one of his favorite toys from his youth, a Rock'em Sock'em Robots. He found the box, which was selling for $100 (I think) He finally found one but it wasn't for sail since it was in mint condition. I should see what kind of shape the one my Grandparents have is in. it's from that time and probably worth quite a bit, even in the bad shape I know it's in.

Of course I wouldn't sell it. I had too much fun playing with it when I was younger :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home