Monday, December 10, 2007

Sailors Take Warning

This story is part 4 of Battle At Sea, a 4 part series that started in Red Sky In Morning

Sailors Take Warning


The arrival of the Ridar a Deo turned the tide of battle, and as we fought I couldn’t help but think back. Back to a time when, sitting at my father’s feet, he would tell me tales of brave men who would lead their people to victory. He told me that he was telling me the stories of our ancestors and that some day I would be like them. I didn’t believe him then, but at that moment I began to believe.

As we fought, I saw a pirate leaving the captain’s quarters. I didn’t know what he had taken, but knew he couldn’t leave the ship with it. I ran towards him, only to be stopped by two of his allies. They swung their swords together, but I was able to block them. I kicked one in the stomach and punched the other before spinning my sword around and driving it into the first’s back.

I pulled my blade free and slashed the second pirate across the chest in time to see the runner return to his ship. He handed something to Corazón Negro before the pirate captain sounded the call to retreat. I drove my sword into the second pirate, killing him as I stared at the disappearing ship, knowing that this battle was far from over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home