Saturday, March 29, 2008

I just finished watching this weeks episode of Transformers: animated. It was a great episode, or at least it will be when Part 2 airs next week. This week was mostly set up, which is is something that needs to be done, but the set up episodes of any show are always judged on what they set up. A great season can be ruined by a bad season finale.

Fortunately this is Transformers, so of course it will be great, and it's not the season finale, so it can only get better. But I'm not here talking about the episode. I want to talk about one of my favorite Decepticons from the show; Blitzwing.

I always liked the triple-changers. Blitzwings is a great example why. He's a tank. He's a jet. He's a robot. He's three toys in one! The animated version is even better by making him have multiple personalities. Two of them are linked to his alt modes, and the other one is insane, making him a comic relief character, which are always fun.

Only real complaint is that they didn't go with a better character, Astrotrain.

Still not sure why exactly I like Astrotrain. He has a space shuttle and train for alt modes, and on the show he was mainly a troop transport. Yet when I won the G1 figure off Ebay, it was one of the most exciting wins yet (Super Mario World and Mario Kart have since surpassed it, but for a long time it was the best thing I got off there. The only Classics figure I was really excited about when they announced the line was Astrotrain, And when I heard Blitzwing was going to be in Animated, I( was disappointed that it wasn't Astrotrain.

on the bright side, there is at least one more season of toys, and where Blitzwing is, Astrotrain usually shows up. Maybe we will get an animated version of Astrotrain next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home