Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Third Birthday!

Yes ladies and gentlemen and Non-existent Readers everywhere, three years ago today I claimed this corner of the sphere and started this little experiment that is The Freak Show. And what a three years it has been. Several stories posted, lots of stuff written about, even a couple of conversations done entirely in the comments! It has been an interesting and fun ride so far.

A fair amount has happened in the last year

The site passed the 500 posts mark, a number I honestly thought I would never reach. the number of posts in the last year wasn't nearly as many as the second year, but still pretty good.

Got another new job, this time working at a home for the mentally handicapped. Still working at the deli, but hopefully I won't be there much longer. Either they will stop scheduling me (they have me down to one day a week for some reason) or I will quit.

Got a lot more stuff posted, and even took the first few steps into the world of professional writing. Nothing yet, but have to start somewhere.

Spent a few days having a conversation with a really cool person in the conversation. Much better then the "Conversations" i had with that troll last year.


I know I said last year that hopefully I will have a new job by now, but this time I know I will. I'm looking at a few different possibilities. One might be really good, the others will just be kind of good. Not as good as the one, but better then what I'm doing now.

I know I said that I should have a bunch of writing stuff done by now, but I didn't. Opps. I do have one novella almost done, and hope to be posting it by June, and I have a Fantasy one that I hope to have done by the end of the year. If nothing else, I hope to have a bunch more posted by this time next year. Hopefully even start Powerforce.

Like I said, it's been a good year. Hopefully next year will be just as good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home