Sunday, June 01, 2008

I'm watching Food Network Challenge, and the challenge this time is cakes staring Pixar characters.  The only cake that collapsed was one based on Monsters Inc, which sucked for two reasons.  1.) they spent a lot of time working on Sully's fur and it looked insane good.  while it obviously didn't look as good as his fur did in the movie, I don't think they could have done a better job using frosting.  that alone made it disappointing when the cake collapsed.   

The other reason it sucked, which I will call 2.) because I can is that Monsters Inc is, to date, my favorite Pixar movie, so to see it not even make it to the judging table was a bit of a bummer for me.  Not sure it would have won after looking at the other ones (I'm thinking it will be Bugs Life that wins, but they just started judging) but it would have been cool to see how it would have done compared to the rest.

 

Update:

The Finding Nemo cake won.  One reason they said is because it looked more complete and had more characters, but they even said in the judging that the back looked incomplete.  Meanwhile the Bugs Life cake looked amazing and should have won, but it only lost by 2 points, so I guess that isn't to bad.  For me the worse part about them winning is the fact that Finding Nemo and Bugs Life are my least favorite Pixar movies (which isn't saying much since it is Pixar movies and they all rock.) but they both looked great, so at least the best looking cakes won.

On the gooder side Iron Chef America is on next and the secret ingredient is Rice.  I prefer the original version of the show, but Rice is one of my favorite ingredients and Mario Betalli is the Iron Chef, since he is my favorite, so I should be worth watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home