Sunday, April 05, 2009

Wrestlemania 25 Predictions

Been meaning to do this for a while, but i keep forgetting. The last time I did this was for Summerslam 2006. With Wrestlemania 25 being tonight (and the first one I haven't seen on PPV in 3 years :( ) I figured I would do another one now. Might start doing this for all the WWE and TNA PVs, might not. don't know yet.

Unlike last time, my predictions will be based on what I think will happen and what I have read on the results page. I have watched most of the events leading up to Wrestlemania, but I am about a week behind, so I am reading the results for the past week (will still watch the shows though) so there may be some stuff that is not included in the results that might influence the outcome of the matches.

Also unlike last time, I will not be listing each match by a different color based on the show that it is from Like last time, that matches are color coded (Raw, Smackdown, and ECW) WWE decided to get rid of brand exclusive PPVs now matches can feature wrestlers from one show vs a wrestler from another show. Instead, I will be listing the match name in red and my prediction in blue . I am doing this to make it easier to tell what is the match and result, and what is my thoughts on why my prediction will happen.

Now onto the predictions, in the order they are listed on the web site.



Chris Jericho VS "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat & Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka--Jericho
I want to say that the Legends will win, especially since it is Wrestlemania, but I think Jericho will. After all, what has he really done since he lost the title at Survivor Series. Not much. Not only would a win continue the feud with Flair that started last June (not a main feud, but kind of a background one they come back to from time to time) but could also set up a Flair (or Flair substitute) VS Jericho match somewhere down the line, as well as get him back on track to winning the title.

25 Diva battle Royal--Gail Kim
Don't even know if she is in the match, but since she just returned I'm giving the win to Gail Kim. Before she debuted (or is it re-debuted) I would have said who cares, but all of a sudden there is a credible threat to both the Women's and Diva's championships. I also would have gone with the Playboy diva for this year, but for the first time since 2003, there hasn't been a photo shoot in playboy in time for Wrestlemania. Sounds like Kelly Kelly was offered it, but she refused. Wasn't she the one who spent her first few months with WWE trying to strip on ECW?

Money In The Bank Ladder Match--Christian
The case could be made for a few others to win this match. CM Punk won it last year, MVP is on the hottest streak of his career since turning face, Shelton Benjamin seemed to be doing well until he lost the US title to MVP. But I think Christian will win. He is the returning hero, having battled in rival TNA, and winning the Money In The Bank Match could set him up for a run at the gold against his "Brother" Edge at some point down the line.

Shawn Micheals VS Undertaker--Undertaker
Yes we are talking about HBK, but does anyone really think he stands a chance of ending Taker's streak? He is the biggest threat to it, but it's not going to end this year.

Carlito/Primo VS Miz/Morrison--Tag Team Unification Lumberjack Match--No One
I seriously doubt that there will be a winner to this match, and if there is, I doubt that it will be a clear winner. Something will happen that will case this match to be thrown out and the belts to remain separate. There are advantages to the belts being unified, like the fact that at the moment the champs are the only teams that are wort mentioning. Unifying them could help them build a stronger tag division by having one belt and 3 (soon to be 4) shows for it to be contested on, but I doubt that will happen.

Matt Hardy VS Jeff Hardy--Extreme Rules Match--Jeff
Matt has been antagonizing his brother for several months, and not it's time for Jeff to get some pay back. Will this be the end of the feud? no. Like Taker VS Kane, this is one that will continue off and on for a long time to come.

JBl (C) VS Rey Mysterio--Intercontinental Championship--Mysterio
Um, do I really need to explain this one?

Edge (C) VS Big Show VS John Cena--World Heavyweight Championship--Cena
Another one I shouldn't have to explain, but I will. Cena will win to take the belt back to Raw, and set off a feud between Show and Edge over Vickie.


Triple H (C) VS Randy Orton--WWE Heavyweight Championship--Triple H
Another no-brainer. Orton had been attacking Triple H's family since winning the Royal Rumble. Time for Triple H to defeat the bad guy and end Mania with a feel good moment as the good guy wins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home