Sunday, August 20, 2006

SummerSlam Predictions

I've been wanting to do this for a while, but I never did. The original plan was to post my predictions for Wrestlemania, but I kept putting it off until finally I just forgot about it. Since SummerSlam is the next of the Big 4 in WWE, I decided to start there.

Fast forward a few months and we are there. Tonight is SummerSlam. As one of the Big 4, it features matches from Raw and Smackdown. Tonight is also a special night, because it is the first time ECW has been included. With (theoretically) three different styles of shows represented, it could be an interesting night.

These predictions are based on the events that have taken place on the shows, as well as (to a much lesser extent) my personal opinion and information form "news" sites. I don't like going to news sites to find info, but some times you have to and you might stumble across some info. When making predictions with info from news sites, I will indicate that I got the info from a news site, and I will still give my prediction if it contradicts the news site.

Check back tomorrow afternoon to see how I did. (Update) After posting this, a friend called and asked if I would be willing to order Sumemrslam if they payed for it. Since the show will be done by 10, and they are paying for it, it was a no brainer, so if they show up, I might post the results as it happenes.

To help people tell which show the matches are from, I will write the names of the matches in different colors: Raw, Smackdown, and ECW. Note that I don't know the order of the matchs, I am just doing these based on the order on the website starting at the bottom of the list.




Big Show (C) VS Sabu--ECW World Heavyweight Title Match--Sabu
While it looked like they were setting up Kurt Angle VS Bigshow on ECW on SciFi this past tuesday, I think Sabu will win. The ECW Faithful don't like the fact that Show is the champion, and while they respect Angle, I don't think they are ready to accept him as their champion. Sabu is an ECW Original, and him VS RVD some time in the future would be an amazing match, even if it is on the weekly show (just as long as they are given plenty of time)

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero--Rey Mysterio
This match has gotten personal (at least in the storyline.) With Vickie, the widow of Eddie Guerrero involved, the match could go one of several ways. Either it will be a regular match with a clean finish, or Vickie will get involved. If she gets involved int he amtch, my prediction is that she will side with Chavo and that Rey will win by DQ.

Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair --"I Quit" Match--Mick Foley
Based just on personal preferance, I would choose Flair. The hardcore style that Foley helped make famous is what got me back into pro wrestling, and I still love it, but I like Flair better. Correction, I like the legendary Ric Flair better. In the past several years, Flair has done well, but it has been painful watching him. Hopefully Foley beating Flair will help the Nature Boy realize that it is time for him to hang up his boots and start managing the next generation of Superstar.

Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Orton--Hulk Hogan
Anyone who thinks that Orton stands a chance in this one is fooling themselves.

D-Generation X vs. The McMahons--DX
Same as the last one. Much like Vince's music says, with out outside interferance the MacMahons stand No Chance In Hell.

King Booker (C) vs. Batista--World Heavyweight Title Match--Batista
In yet another predictible outcome, Batista will reclaim his title. The only reason he didn't win it at the Great American Bash is because Rey Mysterio held the title and because Batista had to have his revenge against Mark Henry. Now that Henry has been delt with (on Saterday Night's Main Event, two weeks before GAB. Mr Kennedy took his place in the match at GAB.) it is time for Batista to regaint he title that he never lost.

Edge (C) vs. John Cena--WWE Heavyweight Title Match--Cena
Both men are on a roll, but for their fued to continue Cena has to win. Ad in the fact that I saw on a news site that promotional material for the next PPV has Cena defending the title seals it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home