Tuesday, May 26, 2009

WHAT

THE

FRAK!?!



Don't get me wrong, I'm sure these people are geeks, nerds, and assorted other things that most people like me take pride in being (with the exception of dork. Only those strong with the Farce can truly call themselves dorks. or more accurately Dorki)

but like Wil when I think "I'm a geek and I'm proud" I think of guys like him, Kevin Pereira, and Steve Wozniak, who were in the video, as wll as others, like the guys from Penny Arcade. LaVar Burton was in there, as he should be because he is just that cool, but what about guys like Will Wright? Dude created the various Sims franchises. I'm thinking that is pretty geeky. And what about the other people Wil mentions in his post?

I understand that those of us who do things such as use words like Frak instead of real swear words don't have a monopoly on being a Geek, but it seems that this so called Geek Chic trend is being taken over by people who are saying they are a geek or nerd because it is the cool thing to do, not because it is who they are. I was a geek/nerd before it was cool; always have been, always will be. and I think something like this should be used to help those of us who may have been picked on at school as well as those who are being picked on (or will be) to realize that there is nothing wrong with being a geek/nerd. That being smarter then others or preferring intellectual pursuits over athletics and other mainstream things is ok. You are a geek. Be proud of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home