Wednesday, December 09, 2009

I'm watching a Top Chef" Las Vegas marathon right now, leading up to tonight's season finale. The challenge for the second episode is Bachelor/Bachelorette party. For the challenge they have to make dishes that work well with some shots that the couple brought in, and they have to work with the client's preferences. and to make it more interesting it is the guys VS the girls

The stupid part is that apparently 3 of the girls are lesbians, and the one kept mentioning it and how pissed she was that the couple could get married and she couldn't.

YOU'RE A CHEF YOU FREAKING MORON!!!!!!!!! YOU DO WHAT THE CLIENT WANTS, AND IF YOU DON'T WORK WITH SOMEONE BASED ON SOMETHING STUPID LIKE THIS YOU WON'T BE A CHEF FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!

One of the guys is gay (at least one) and the only mention was that he was in charge of flowers, and it was done as a joke. there was no complaining because they knew that they had a job to do.

as a chef, even for a glorified food stand, I don't always like the jobs, but I do them because that is what I do. I make stuff that the customer wants. If there are no specifications I try to make it as good as I can and maybe throw my won twist in, but it is what the customer wants, regardless or race, religion, orientation or political affiliation. that is what you do.

During the judging the guys dishes looked and sounded better, and they looked like they were having more fun every step of the way. The girls meanwhile seemed to be trying to hard and took it too seriously. The lesbians, especially the pissed off one, were the worse. She did 2 dishes and they both were pretty poorly received. They even said that she should have stuck with just 1.

If you aren't having fun most of the time, then get out of the kitchen and get a new job. I don't always like my job, but at the end of the day I do enjoy it. Since I started getting a little more responsibility, kind of the un-official night crew leader, I've been kind of looking forward to work each day and am actually a bit bummed that I probably won't be working today due to weather.

Not surprisingly the guys won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home