Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm reading the Wikipedia article on Depression, because this is something I struggle with and I like to know about stuff that I have to deal with. While reading the symptoms, I saw some stuff that was kind of funny. For me any ways.

1. Frequent thoughts of suicide or death
For the record, if my corpse is ever found next to a note saying "Good Bye Cruel World", call Grissom Because something isn't quite kosher. Or Monk. Or Spencer. Or Batman. Actually, call all of them. Can't have too many super-detectives.

With that out of the way, this is a hard one for me to use as a symptom. After all, I do think about death a lot, but if you have read a lot of the stuff I write you know that I kill a lot of characters. Writing horror and mystery stories involves thinking about death. It kind of comes with the territory.

2. Concentration problems
I can't really use this one as a symptom. At least not for myself. After all, it would be hard to tell if I am having problem concentrating or focusing because of depression or ADD (I'm not hyper enough to have the H in there.

3. Unexplained aches and pains
Can't really use this one either, because it is rare that I have an ache and pain that doesn't have an explanation. Mostly they are due to injuries that I didn't let heal properly. They may be due to not not stretching enough before pushing myself too far while exorcising. They may be due to spending the last 6or so years working in an industry where everything is designed for people about a foot shorter then me. Long story short, aches and pains, some times unexplained, are a daily part of life for me. and aspirin is my friend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home