Wednesday, September 01, 2010

I realized the other day that I had forgotten that it was August, and August is supposed to be a writing month.

To make matters worse, except for last November for NaNoWriMo, I haven't done much writing period, let alone much writing during a designated "Writing Month." so I decided that for the month of September I will be challenging myself to write a new story everyday.

No, that does not mean I will write 30 stories in 30 days. I took today off (it's my birthday) and I probably will be taking weekends off. If I write on weekends, it will be to finish something I didn't finish during the week or as a make up day. For example, if I wake up late tomorrow and don't get anything written before work, I probably won't get anything written since I have Bible Study/game time after work, which usually goes till after Midnight.

And remember, this is according to my sleep schedule. I usually go to bed around 2 in the morning and try not to write after 1 (or an hour before I go to bed, when ever that might be) so basically I will be writing (or could be) between 8-9 in the morning (when I usually try to get up) till 1 the next morning.

I'm not sure how long any of these stories will be. Days like tomorrow, where I have a rather limited amount of time (4 hours, assuming I wake up at 9) it will probably be some flash story or something I can crank out quickly. Other days, like next Monday and Tuesday (YAY 3 Day weekend due to Labor Day) I will probably write longer stuff, and maybe more then 1 story.

Not sure what exactly I will be writing all the time. Some of it might be new stuff, some might be finishing older stuff. I'll keep of track of what (and when) I post anything and on October 1 I will post links and a word/story count for the month. I hope to get the sequel to Pine Creak Murders, "Final Level" done, maybe some more Fantasy stories. I hope to finish The Sacrifice, a sequel to The Siege as well as a sequel to Battle At Sea. I hopefully will get more of the Wrestleverse reboot done and maybe try to get a screen play I have been working on in my head for a while. I'm also going to submit one to a magazine I found looking for horror stories. They are looking for space stories, so I think I might do some sort of "Davey Jones in Space" sort of thing with a ghost ship.

It should be interesting to see if I pull this off, and interesting to see how long I can go before I give up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home