Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Cycle World Cycle Show

This past weekend I went to the Cycle World Motorcycle Show in Minneapolis, and it was a fun day. I went with my dad, my bro Jerm, and my oldest nephew Anthony. I was worried that Anthony would get bored, but he had a realy good time.

We had breakfast at One On One Bicycle Studio, which was a realy cool place. It wasn't realy a bike shop. It was bike studio/coffee shop. They had a bunch of old bikes on display (mostly single speed, much to my dad's delight.) They also made a pretty good latte. Down in their basement, they had The Junkyard, and arria where they had bins full of spare parts, as well as severl bikes for sale and several more stacked and waiting to be repaired or parted out. It was worse then my dad's shed at home. At least you could walk through that easily wearing a bulky jacket.

After that we went to Freewheels, a bike shop my brother went too. The cool thing about Freewheels is that they give 25% of their profits to groups that promote bicycling. This was an accual bike shop. lots of bikes, parts, and assesories for sale. They also had a public shop. for $10 and hour you can use their shop and most of the equipment (there were a few machines you can't use for inssurance reasons.) We checked it out and the shop was pretty nice looking, and not just because of the rather attractive female working on her roady :)

After paying for a new computer on my roadie ($40, but it was 30% off and can be set for 2 bikes, so I can use it on my mountain bike too,) It was off to the bike show. accualy we stopped at Old Chicago for dinner first, but then we went to the show. IT had been a while since we were there. Last year's was in march and was at the same time my youngest nephew was born.

There were a lor more custom bike shops this year then last time we were there, and there were some realy nice bikes in the show. Boss Hoss, as always, looked sweet, and Tri-Way, a company I hadn't seen before, had some nice looking bikes too.some nice looking bikes too. possibly the coolest looking bike was the Victory Vision 800 Some people didn't like it, but I thought it looked cool, because it didn't look like you avorage bike. As far as the big companies (Yamaha, Harley, handa, ect.) the best looking bike was the 2006 Yamaha V-Max. Why? be cause it looked nice, and it was a Yamaha, which is what I ride (if I had a palce to store it in town.)

After the show we went to "The World's Fastest Indian", but that is another post. All in all, it was a good day. There was some confusion over when we were going to meet my mom and sisters for dinner, and my dad accidently parked in a no parking zone while we were at Freewheels and got a ticket, but over all, it was a good day.

1 Comments:

Blogger beat it said...

Thanks for the link. Like Freewheel but much, much smaller One On One Bicycle Studio is a real bike shop. Full service on anything and we even build and repair frames. We even ride motorcycles, mostly motard enduros though. Have a good one!

http://citypages.com/bestof2006/boughtandsold/bestof2704.asp

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home