Friday, May 26, 2006

Ride Report--May 26, 2006

Man, I thought I was tired last week. This week I rode 30 + mile s in the last 72 hours, on the same roads and hills I rode last week.

Wednesday I rode about 12 miles, about half of which was spent going into 20 MPH winds. Then, in my infinite stupidity, I decided to ride through the park. I was on my roadie, and I was smart enough to ride down through the park. I stoped at the Falls and walked around for a while. Even went out onto the Falls and just sat on the rocks relaxing. I think I'm gonna start takeing my pencam with a start posting some piics from as I ride. Anyways, I was doing fine until I was comming out of the park and was going up the Golf Course Road, which pretty much killed for the rest of the day.

The next day I joined cat and Brian for teh second community ride, and I saw a lot of inprovement. I was able to come up 101 and didn't have a problem until right at the end. Brian wanted to go through the park again, but I had to get home and finish up some stuff which I will talk about tomarrow.

Then today, I went mountain bikeing with Brian and Cat. I was doing fine for the first half of the ride. I even made it up Big Ugly, which got it's name because it is about 3/4ths of a mile long and has about a 25% incline. Unfortunatly I pretty much fried my knees on that hill. Every setp and every rotation was painful, but I don't quit unless it is because of bike problems. I made it out of the park, went to the Fiend, put away my bike, and hopped right back onto my roadie, because I knew that if I didn't, I wouldn't be getting home.

So I got home. collapsed onto the couch, watched the end of Smackdown and took a shower. Now, I'm goign to bed, and I am guessing I will have no problem falling asleep :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home