Friday, May 19, 2006

Ride Report--May 19, 2006

Damn, am I tired. over the last 72 hours I have ridden 25+ miles, a fair amount of which was up long steep hills.

Wednesday I went on a Torture Run, which went well. I managed to kick my computer into gear, and it showed that I was avaraging between 10 and 12 MPH, which is realy good for my in the park. Not only that, but I felt great afterwards and the next day.

Thursday I joined Brian and my dad, as well as several other people for the first ever community ride. We are trying to get funding for some bike trails in town, but to do it, we have to be able to get 50-100 people riding by the end of the year or something like that. We went on a 10 mile ride, which concluded with a 1.5 mile long hill with about a 45% incline. One of the riders, a local pastor, hung back to try to help me up the hill. He didn't realize that I have bad knees, wwhich is pretty much the only thing keeping me from going faster. When we got to the tope, him, me, and Brian were riding together and Brian, knowing I hade done a torture run, jokingly asked if I wanted to go up throught he park. Of course, since I am to stupid to know when to quit, I said yes :) My legs were a little sore when I got back to the fiend and was putting away my bike, but I was ok.

This morning however was a different story. My legs almost gave out on me when I got up. Needless I didn't ride to work tomarrow.

Of course this report wouldn't be complete if I didn't include tonights ride. That's right, I was riding tonight too. Brian and I decided on Wednesday that we were going to go mountain biking today, and I was feeling pretty good, so I decided to do. Of course I was feeling it. There were several hills in the park that I normaly can take no problem, or at least can go pretty far before my knees give out. Tonight, couldn't make it up any of them. I did manage to get out of the park with out getting off the bike, but the path to some of the trails were killers. even so, on the big one up to long winder, I only had to walk about 20 feet. Brian and dad were cheering me on as I cam around the corner. They knew how much I had ridden this week, and how tired I must be, but they also know I don't quit. The only way I don't finish a ride is when I have bike problems. Accualy made it up the hill out of the park in 4th. I was drifing behind my dad, which helped, but the simple fac that I made it up that hill in 4th after 3 days of hard riding was saying alot.

After the ride, I sat down at the Fiend to read the paper, but I could feel myself shaking as my my adrenaline wore off and the fact that I used the last of my energy became apparent. I slowly got up and headed for the door, knowing that, if I hadn't, I wouldn't be able to ride home.

I am slowly making my way around the apartment. I will definitly sleep well tonight. As for the odds of my riding to work tomarrow, I doubt it. If I wasn't able to this morning, I sure as hell won't be able to in tomarrow morning. In fact, I'm not riding again until Monday at the earliest. I need a chance to recover, and te next couple of days should be enough, although work will hardly be relaxing. I am looking forward to seping onto the scale though. On Monday I weighted 240 lbs. It should be interesting to see how much I have lost in the last 3 days :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home