Friday, May 05, 2006

Ride Report--May 5, 2006

I made my second Torture Run. It was a lot easier this time, Instead of my roadie, I grabbed my mountain bike, since it is better designed for climbing, I took Gatorade instead of water, and I was listening to the Beastie Boys instead of Blue Oyster cult. Whether or not the music change helped, I don't know, but is was different from last week (during the hardest part of the ride, "Fight For Your Right" was playing :))

Like I said, it was a lot easier this week. Probobly because of the mountain bike, which was basicly custom built for me (The cranks and seat post were replaced to make it easier on my knees, and the gears were changed to take full advantage of the fact that I have a lot of strength in my legs, when my knees don't cause problems that is) I was only going about 1 or 2 miles per hour a couple of times, but like I told Cat at least I made it. I can work on speed later.

My knees feel pretty good right now, and I didn't have to deal with any cramps this time, so I think I will be ok.

Now I can start looking forward to next week :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home