Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Training Day 29

Today was a decent day. Not a great day, but a decent day.

I didn't ride too much, but I was able to push myself to go as fast as I could the whole time. I haven't been able to do this for the past couple of weeks due to heat and humidity. In the end, I was able to main tain between 15-18 MPH. Infact the only time I dropped below 13 MPH was for a couple of climbs, a turn (at the top of a climb) and once when I was getting a drink while going into the wind. If I can keep that up, I should be doing good.

My knees held up good despite not having ridden much in a couple of weeks, again because of the heat. I taped the up and they felt fine when I got home. I also tried taping my wrist and the palm of my hand. I biffed a couple of weeks back, took a turn into the parking lot at work too fast. I think I might have cracked some bones in my hand, right where the handle bar rests when I ride, so I figured I would give it a try. Worked pretty good, and once I got use to it, I didn;t even notice it.

I will try for a full length ride Friday (tomarrow is the Community ride.) On a side note, tomarrow it will have been one month since I started training. I haven't realy noticed any change physically, but my mom said I looked like I had lost some weight the other day, and I am doing better. It takes longer for me to get tired, and I am able to go faster for longer periods of time.

I keep this up, I should be ready to race in no time :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home