Tuesday, October 31, 2006

More Problems For ECW

Just got done watching ECW and there continue to be problems with the House Of Hardcore.

First there was the Diva (I thought they were Vixens in ECW) Costume Contest. I've said it before and I'll say it again, stuff like this does not belong on a wrestling show. when I watch Wrestling, I watch it for the action, not the Divas. If it's a match, expecially one between women like Trish Stratus or Lita, great. Beauty contests? no.

I have to admit, I did enjoy it. Ariel didn't wear a costume, due to the fact that she is suppose to be a Vampire. She even stumbled backwards when she saw that Trinity was wearing a cross. I also didn't mind Trinity's costume, which consisted of a pair of black panties and police tape across her chest. Like I said, didn't mind it at all.

The biggest problem to come out of tonight's episode were the ECW debut of The Great Khali and Daivari. Daivari I don't have a problem with. I have heard he is good, and since we haven't seen him in action too much, he might be a great fit for ECW.The Great Khali on the other hand shouldn't even be allowed in the ring. PWI, in their 2006 Report Card issue said this about his repetoire:
"Chop to the head, stomp to the chest, chockslam. Congratulations. You've now seen a Great Khali match."

Big Show is bad enough. At least he can wrestle. Khali can't even do that!

This is just more evidance of two things. Vince likes big men in his companies (houw else do you think Test, Big Show, and Khali got to where they are now.) and WWE sees ECW as a place to dump wrestlers when they don't know what to do with them any more.

ECW has made some big improvements in the last five months or so, but for every three stepps forward they take, they seem to take two back. Hopefully they will have everything figured out by the time I (and every other wrestling fan in the world with a site) have to write a six month review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home