Friday, August 31, 2007

I was going to write a post about how, after all the crap we have had to put up with over the last couple of years, I'm not sure I want to follow pro cycling anymore. At least not road cycling. The Riders doping is one thing, but what has been a problem for me is the the reaction both in the media and in the people in charge.

I talked about this before and stuff like tour winner Alberto Contador being accused of doping less then 24 hours after winning the tour doesn't help any (on a side note, Contador rode for Discovery, making the 8th consecutive winner who was either American or on an American team, Coincidence? I think not)

But then I saw this on The Onion and had to laugh. it was just what I needed.

My desire to follow pro cycling is still shaky, but after reading this and with the Tour of Missouri coming up, it is improving.

Non-Doping Cyclists Finish Tour De France

The Onion

Non-Doping Cyclists Finish Tour De France

PARIS—A small but enthusiastic crowd of several dozen was on hand at the Tour de France's finish line on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées Tuesday to applaud the efforts of the 28 cyclists who completed the grueling 20-stage, 2,208.3-mile...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home