Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Two Of God's Greatest (cuisine) Creations

As I type this I am watching an episode of God Eats about rice. I love watching cooking shows about rice. I love watching cooking shows about Couscous as well, but they arn't very common because most people don't know what it is. If it wern't for Habbs I would just think of couscous as that stuff in aisle 2 next to the rice.

Why do I love rice and couscous so much? Simple. They are versital. There have to be hundreds, if not thousands of recipies for either of these culanary swiss army knives. Not only that but severl of those recpies are interchangable. You won't find a recipe for chicken fried couscous, but by subbing couscous for rice you can get a very good dish using a recipe for chicken fried rice.

Add in the fact that both are good for you and cheap and you can see why I think they are so great. I try to use at one or both at least once a week, even if it's something as simple as grabbing a box of Rice-A-Roni off the shelf.

So next time you're looking for a side dish or a main course grabs some couscous or rice. You'll be glad you did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home