Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Honey Mustard Is Good

A few years ago my dad and I were on our way back from the Cities and we stopped at a restarant on the way home. One of the menu items was a Coconut Encrusted Chicken Breast. I've been there since, but they haven't had it on the menu. apparently it was a daily special thing, which is too bad, because it was really good.

So tonight for Supper I decided try to recreate it and I think I got pretty close. first I thawed out a Chicken Breast and seasoned it with some salt and pepper. Then I coated it in some toasted coconut and grilled it. (to toast coconut, set your oven or toaster oven to 300 degrees, pour some coconut on a pan and spread it out so that there isn't any doubled up. Place it in the oven till golden brown.)

It still needed something though, so I made some Honey Mustard. I just mixed about 1/3 Honey with 2/3 Mustard and mixed it with a sauce maker'sbest friend, a wire wisk. (sorry for not giving exact amounts. the only time I measure anything for sauce making is when I'm making a roux. the rest of the time I just eyeball it.) I just oured some of it on the chicken (plus some for dipping) and I was done. The only problem was that I made too much Honey Mustard, if you can call that a problem :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home