Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Ride Report--June 13, 2006

Had a nice little ride. Still on my Mountain Bike. I was hoping to get the Roadie fixed yesterday. I got new tires, new tubes, new cables, but there was one problem. The Fiend was closed due to Cat being abducted by aliens. Accualy he was out of town with his family, but that's Cat for you :). So I wnded up taking the Mountain Bike.

I was taking my normal route, but about half way through, I decided to go through park. No big deal, since I was feeling pretty good. Could be because the Mountain Bike is an easier ride then the Roadie, or it could be because I am in better shape then I was last week or the week before. Since I don't have any proof for either of them, I will chose the second one :)

While in the park, I decided to do some exploring. Found a few new trail, but I only explored one of them. I didn't plan on hitting the park, let alone do any exploring, so I didn't have my helmet. No helmet equals no drops :( But there was some nice technical trails I found and explored. The ground was kind of soft, and there was a big hill after a bit that I knew I couldn't get up with the dirt this soft. So I got off and walked for a while.

It was kind of cool because the trail linked up with another trail that we had ridden before. while not paved or maintained by the park, the one we ride is popular with walkers (and kids who want to drink/do drugs and not get caught), so it is quite well defined. It is also a trail we take quite often, which is why the Tree huggers tried to block it off with trees (they blocked 2 other trail some time last fall.) It backfired though, because 2 of their barricades can be riden over :)

In the end, I had a lot of fun. I was tired when I got home, but it was a good tired. Who knows. Tomarrow I might take mu helmet ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home