Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Why Cartoon Network Sucks

First of all, I would like to say that I was a fan of Cartoon Network, and until about six months ago watched it extensively.

Since then, I haven't watched it that much. I still liked most of the shows on Adult Swim, and I still watch Toonami, with the appropriately named Toonami Trio, but even they are starting to take a turn for the worse.

Next month, Pee-Wee's Playhouse starts airing on Adult Swim. I had no problem when they had Small Soldiers, their first non-cartoon movie, on the air, but why Pee-Wee's Playhouse? And why Adult Swim? I could kind of understand them airing it during the day, when the show's target audience is more likely to watch, but not during Adult Swim!

Cartoon Network has been in a downward spiral since the new management took over. The first sign of this was the cancellation of Teen Titans and Justice League Unlimited, two rather popular shows. It seems that the new execs didn't like the pitches that were made for the new seasons and canceled them. Titans was atleast allowed to end on it's own, it wasn't rushed like JLU was.

Since then the network has gone down hill, and for the most part they have lost my viewership.

Thank God Boomerang is still good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home