Monday, September 04, 2006

R.I.P. Steve Irwin 1962-2006

As you have probobly heard, Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter, died today. If you haven't heard about it, he died in a freak accident doing what he loved best, interacting with animals. here is an article from CNN.com)

I'm not an enviromentalist, and i usualy don't care too much about enviromental issues, but I liked Irwin. Maybe it was his enthusiasm, maybe it was just the fact that he was crazy enough to do some of the stuff he did, but I always liked him.

One things for sure. He is the one that made Animal Planet successful. Who knows how many people would have watched it if there hadn't been this crazy guy capturing crocs. He is also responsible for teaching countles people about crocodiles, snakes, and other animals.

He will be missed. I am sure he is in heavan right now with crocs on either side, watching people carry on his work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home