Monday, February 19, 2007

Captain Picard's Ressikan Flute Sells Fo $48,000

I was just watching a show on the History Channel about Star Trek, and specificly the recent Auction of Star Trek memerabelia. While it was interesting to see how much some of that stuff went for, the one I was most interested in was Captain Picard's Ressikan Flute.

The captain first got the flute in The Inner Light, and it showed up from time to time afterwards. This is one of the best episodes in Star Trek history, and at the auction, it went for $40,000 (plus $8000 seller's fee to Christie's)

If I had the cash, I would have tried to win it. In addition to loving the episode, I am a fan of Woodwinds and Flutes. Who ever won it is a lucky person.

Now if you will excuse me, I think I will try to find a replica online, hopefully one that accually plays, unlike the real one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home