Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'm watching ECW, kind of suprised that the match I wanted to see (Lashly VS Hardcore Holly in an extreme rules match for the title) is on before WSX starts, and I saw a sign in the crowd, probably in the third or fourth row, that said "R.I.P. ECW 1994-2001. I couldn't help but smile when I saw that.

As I type this, there are Divas dancing in the ring, which just helps suppor tthe sign. unless changes are made for the better, Tommy Dreamer was right.

ECW is dead.

Long live ECW

2 Comments:

Blogger J. H. said...

you might want to rewrite something here. you said "ECW is dead" then you wrote "Long live ECW". That makes no sense. Did you mean that "ECW is dead, long live TNA" ??

Then you statment would be true, Vince can't make a new ECW just ruin its good name. I was hoping to see the ECW that you spoke so fondly of, but this is not it. It does not live up to the legend and isn't even a good wrestling show.

Long live TNA!

11:23 PM  
Blogger R.C. said...

I said Long Live ECW for the same reason soem have said stuff such as "The Queen is dead, long live the queen." Because it sounded good :)

I do agree with you that TNA is great, and WSX has been impressive so far, but as a fan of the original ECW, neither is a good alternative to the action that came out of the House Of Hardcore.

WWECW (Vince's version of ECW) sucks, for a number of reasons that I will discuss in a future post. The original was a beautiful blend of Hardcore action and scientific wrestling. Most companies choose to follow one or the other, but not both.

as I said, if ECW is to survive, changes must be made.

Only then will ECW truly return

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home