Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Filesharing Not Effecting Record Sales?

I had to laugh when I read on Slashdot that apparently the RIAA was wrong about Filesharing causing record sales to drop. (here is the article.)

What the RIAA fails to realize is the fact that most people are like me. either that A.) download a song because that is the only one on the album they want (ether using P@P software or sights like Itunes) or B.) They download an album because they want it, but can't get it , either because they can't find it or can't afford it at that time (I downloaded Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of Hell 3 because I was broke due to being out of work. I planned on buying it when I could, but Ranger John got it for me a few weeks ago.)

Sales have dropped slightly, and I am sure that a few hundred of those sales were lost due to people just downloading it, but for the most part, Filesharing has little to no effect on sales.


On a related not, there is an article on Pirate Bay in Vanity Fair. It's kind of nice to see an artcle on a Torrent sight in something other then a "nerd" mag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home