Monday, March 12, 2007

I hate Daylights Savings Time!

No, I am not contradicting what I said a little less then a year ago, I I stand by what I said then, I just hate it right now, on the first few days.

Why do I hate it? Because for the second year in a row, I no-showed Sunday School because of it. This wouldn't be that big of a deal if I wasn't a teacher!

Last year I showed up and was greeted by the pastor's oldest daughter, who was getting something from their car. Thinking Church had just let out, I was surprised when she said that Sunday School was over, until I remembered that I forgot to change my clocks.

This year was a little different. Last week we changed to having Sunday School before church. I remember waking up at 6, looking at the alarm clock, and thinking that it was relay 7, and that I could sleep for another hour. I woke up , looked at the clock, and saw that it was 8:30. After rushing to get ready, I headed for church and was greeted by my students, who told me that Sunday School was over, which is when I remembered that I forgot to change my clock.

So two years in a row, I wake up late, get to church, and realize that I missed Sunday School. this year was especially bad because I no-showed last week as well. We decided pretty much at the last second to go to the bike show in the cities (we had bad weather last week) and so I had an hour to finish getting ready for work, pack a bag, find a sub, and help a friend with a computer problem. I decided to wait on finding a sub, expecting a slow night at work, but instead it got busy and I forgot until about noon the next day.

Now the question is will I forget next year and make it three in a row

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home