Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Taking A Stand

I just got out of the shower (well, I didn't just get oout. I dried off and put on cloths first.) While I was in the shower, I started thinking about riding and I decided that I was going to take a stand against high gas prices by riding my bike to work as much as possible. It doesn't cost much. I spend about $10 a week on gas, which is enough for me to go back and forth to work, church, the Fiend, and Walmart during the week (if I go out to the farm, I usualy have to spend more, but not much.) It's not much, but I have a plan.

I plan on putting $10 a week away, hidding it somewhere in my aparment. When I have $100, I will use it to get something for my bike, a new seat, new wheels, a new jersey, whatever. Anything that's left will go into my savings account. $40 a month isn't much compared to the billions we spend a year on gas, but it is $40 that they won't be getting.

I'm also thinking of starting a Critical Mass type ride to raise awareness of biking, Might not make much differance at first, but you never know. Of nothing else, it should help find other riders.

Gass prices are too high. In January I read that the prices then were where they should be if oil was about $90 a barrel. It was closer to $60 at the time. There is no reason for the prices to be as high as they are, and this is my way of taking a stand against them. Join me, and we just might change the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home