Thursday, July 20, 2006

Landis Recovers And Wins Stage 17

On Tuesday he regained the Yellow Jersey. Yesterday he bonked on a climb and fell to 11th, 8:08 behind the leader. Today he destroyed anyone trying to beat him to the finish line and is now only 30 seconds behind the leader.

This morning I was talking to a co-worker about how bad I did in my pics for the tour this year. I thought that Landis would win, Vinokourov, Basso, and Ullrich would fight over second place, and Boonen would take fifth.

Vinokourov, Basso, and Ullrich are all out because of the Doping scandel (Vinokourov wasn't linked to the scandel, but most of his team was, and they couldn't field the required number of riders, so he was out. Boonen left a few days ago because of breathing problems, and now Landis was 8:08 behind! You can imagine how excited I was by today's results.

I figured he would make up the time, I just didn't think it would be this quick. I figured that he would make up some today, more tomarrow, and then annihilate everyone during Saterday's time trial.

Landis went from being crossed off the list of contenders to once again being the favorite to win the tour.

if today is any indication, the others don't stand a chance :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home