Saturday, July 08, 2006

Samurai 7

I first heard about this anime adaptation of The Seven Samurai, a classic fim by Akira Kurosawa, from an article in Anime Insider while it was in preproduction and I have wanted to see it. Today, I got my chance as IFC was showing a Samurai 7 marathon today.

As far as the animation is concerned, it is right up there with Fafner as some of the best animation I have ever seenm but the series and story itself is possibly the best anime I have ever seen. It has a truly epic feel, and since each episode picks up where the last one left off, it makes it feel more like a movie then a tv show. Too bad they have only aired the forst 124 episodes (episode 15 is on later tonight.)

I will have to wait until next pay check, but I am definetly getting this series. I think I will get the original movie as well. I have always wanted to see it, and this gives me an excuse to buy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home