Monday, November 06, 2006

Armstrong Completes New York City Marathon

Lance Armstrong succeded in finishing the New York Marathon in under 3 hours--by 24 seconds. He said that it was the hardest thing he had ever done, and that it was even harder then his worse days in the Tour.

I makes sense that it would be harder then the Tour. After all, Running is much harder on your legs, knees, and back then cycling. Not only that but in the Tour Lance had an entire team of people who were helping him and he could draft behind them, making it easier. In running you can kind of draft, but it isn't nearly as effective.

I like Lance's comments after the marathon.

"Before the race that was my goal, I wanted to break 3 hours. But if you told me with 3 miles to go, 'You're going to do 3:05,' I wouldn't have cared," he said. "Honestly, at the end I was so tired, I couldn't care. Now I'm glad I did."

Will he be back?

"Now's not the time to ask that question. The answer now is no, I'll never be back. But I reserve the right to change my mind," he said. "I don't know how these guys do it."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He did not think it was gonna be that hard huh. How could it have been hard, hell his ex did it, and without all the pampering and the load of impressive pacers he had at his disposal - how could it be hard ...

5:14 PM  
Blogger R.C. said...

It was hard because, like I said running is a lot harder then cycling. You try being the best in one sport and then trying to do good in another. I'm willing to bet that Micheal Jordan didn't think Baseball would be too hard either, but different sports require different types of training and are a completely different experience.

I checked the counter stats and found a hit from Belguim around the same time this post was made. why do I get the feeling that his is just another european who was looking for a reason to blast Lance.

If your reading this, I got a suggestion for you pal. Instead of blasting Lance, why not hop on a bike, win 8 Tours, and then you can blast him. Heck, make it to the Tour and you can blast him. Until you can even do that, then in my opinion you or anyone else has no right to blast guys like Armstrong or Landis.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home