Sunday, June 03, 2007

I Knew There Was A Reason I Liked Vault

For some reason I was reading the Wikipedia entry for New Coke and while there I did a search to check on a rumor Eric told me about a few weeks ago concerning the possibility that they would be phasing out Mello Yello After confirming that they weren't, I clicked on a link for Vault.

I have always liked Vault. Not so much Vault Red Blitz, but I like the original version. only reason I don't drink more is because they don't sell it in the big bottles at work, but they do sell Mountain Dew, so I get that instead.

As I said, I always liked Vault. The first time I tasted it, I knew it tasted familiar, but I couldn't figure out where i had tasted it before. That is, until now.
Vault is a citrus flavored beverage that contains many of the same ingredients as the Coca-Cola beverage Surge, which was discontinued in 2002.


I loved Surge. I was mad when it was discontinued, and always hoped they would bring it back. And when I clicked on the Surge link I found a link to a site called Save Surge where I finally found a way to get Surge again.

Zak has found about the easiest way to make authentic-tasting SURGE that we've seen:

I was sitting at home one night and my mom bought me some Vault. I tried some and said hey this tastes like Surge so I came up with a recipe that looks and tastes like Surge:

2 drops of blue food colouring
4 drops of yellow food couloring
12 oz of Vault

:)

If you will excuse me, I have to run to Walmart and get some Vault and food coloring :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home