Monday, June 25, 2007

R.I.P. Chris Benoit 1967-2007

Earlier today the wrestling world learned that Christ Benoit, former WCW and WWE Heavyweight Champion, was found dead in his home along with his wife and their son. Police are investigating their deaths, and tonights episode of Raw, which was suppose to be a memorial show for Mr. McMahon, will now be a tribute to Chris Benoit.

Benoit is, with out a doubt, my favorite wrestler of all time. I don't think I ever saw a bad Benoit match, and I have always had a lot of respect for him. One of my favorite Benoit moments, and no doubt the match that they will show at the end of the tribute show, was at Wrestlemania 20, when he beat Triple H and Shawn Micheals to become the World Heavyweight Champion. After the match Eddie Guerrero, one of Benoit's best friends and the WWE Heavyweight Champion, came out and celebrated in the center of the ring with him.



Another good pic can be found here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home