Monday, September 08, 2008

How cool is this. I picked up some DumDums this morning for my Sunday School students. if they do their memory work, they get a DumDum. Not only that, but these are filled DumDums, which means that some are chocolate filled, some are gum filled, and some are sour filled (think Tootsie Roll Pops, Blow Pops, and Sweet Tarts) But since it was the first week of Sunday School, they didn't have any memory work done so I gave them some as a welcome back to Sunday School.

I got these last year for Halloween, although I didn't have many trick-or-treaters other then Cam, who's mom lives above me and is a friend. Probably would have had more, but i was at Kidsfest, as always. Probably had a bunch of kids that were there because they went to my apartment and saw the sing I had up, which is good. I don't know how many people we had last year, because the counter broke, but if I remember right it broke at 550 (the number of kids at 2006's Kids Fest) and there were at least 25 that came in after that.

Anyways, back on subject, the ones I got last year were a little disappointing. They tasted fine, but they had a plastic stick. DumDums can't have a plastic stick! They have to have the rolled paper sticks! It's like Safe-T Pops with out the curved rolled paper sticks. It's just wrong!

So imagine my surprise today when i had a DumDum with the kids and found the rolled paper sticks! I was so excited that when Marilyn, the children's pastor, walked in, I asked if she wanted on "with the old school paper sticks" She of course said yes, because who can turn down a DumDum, especially with the rolled paper stick?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home