Friday, October 31, 2008

Watchajambe

Watchajambe


I’M NOT CRAZY!

Then again why should you believe me, I’m the one in the asylum. But that doesn’t mean I’m crazy. It just means that the judge thought I was crazy, but I’m not! I heard them. I heard the voices telling me what to do, telling me what was going to happen, but they didn’t believe me. They didn’t believe me and they locked me in this padded prison.

But I was right. The voices were right. The voices said that men from the east were going to steal jets and kill people, but they didn’t believe me. Even now, all these years later, they don’t believe me. Even after the death of over three thousand people, they don’t believe me.

But that’s ok, because I’m not crazy.

I wasn’t crazy when I saw it either. Paulie told me what he saw. He told me about the creature, but I had to see it for myself. I had to see it. I had to see it with my own eyes. Maybe then. Maybe then they will believe us. Maybe then they will agree that we aren’t crazy and let us out of here.

Maybe I am crazy. Crazy people see things, see things all the time. Crazy people see monsters all the time. I saw a monster. Yeah, defiantly a monster. Had to be a monster. Saw a monster. Saw Dr Sheffield...

AAAHHH!!! I AM CRAZY!

Defiantly crazy. Have to be crazy. How else do you explain it. How else do you explain what I saw. Have to be crazy. It's the only explanation. Dr Sheffield didn't change. Couldn't have. People don't change into monsters. That's crazy talk. Only crazy people say stuff like that.

Get a grip on yourself Dave. Get a grip. Come on. You know what you saw.

NO! CAN'T BE REAL!CAN'T BE REAL!

He didn't change. Didn't change. Can't change.

But he did. Changed into a monster. Long nose, sharp teeth, sharp claws. Saw him change. Saw him change. Grew wings; red eyes. Turned into a monster. Yeah, saw Dr Sheffield turn into a monster. An ugly, scary, nightmare monster.
Dr Sheffield is a monster. Big monster. Big green monster. Big green monster with long claws and sharp teeth.

Saw him use them too. Yeah. Saw him pick up Paulie. Saw him grab Paulie by the throat and pick him off the ground. Yeah. Saw him tear Paulie apart. Saw him tear Paulie limb from limb and slash his throat. Saw him drink Paulie's blood. Saw him gnaw on Paulie's bones.

But they don't believe me. Why would they? Why would the believe the crazy guy? I'm the one who hears voices. Why would they believe me? No reason to believe me. I'm just a crazy guy.

But I saw it. Saw it with my eyes. Saw it with my own two eyes. Yeah. Monster killing Paulie. Monster tearing apart Paulie. Nothing left of Paulie but a pool of blood.

Dr Sheffield believes me. He has to believe me.

NO!

Sheffield's the monster. The monster believes me.

I have to get out of here. Have to get out before the monster tries shutting me up. Have to get out. Have too escape.

No one escapes Darkmoore. No one.

That's not true. Remember what the orderlies said. Marko escaped. Marko escaped and no ones found him. He's out there. Hiding from the monster. Yeah. Marko made it out. Marko made it out and he's a lunatic. Marko made it out and he's crazy, but I'm not crazy. If crazy Marko can make it out so can I.

Someone coming. Is it Sheffield? Can't be Sheffield Why would it be Sheffield?
Because Sheffield is a monsters and monsters don't have to have a reason.
Can't be Sheffield Must be an orderly. Has to be an orderly. Orderly's been checking up on us lots since Marko got out. Can't have too many of us crazies escaping into the Barrens. Be embarrassing, especially since they won't find us easy.

Yeah, has to be an orderly.

Orderly's coming in. Better pretend to sleep. Don't want him to see me awake. Poke me with needles. Don't like the needles. Needles make me go sleep. Needles are for the crazies, and I'm not crazy.

Wait. That's no orderly.

STAY AWAY!

YOUR NOR REAL! I'M CRAZY! YOUR NOT REAL!

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!




Dr. Sheffield walked out of the room and locked it. No one was around. He smiled as he walked down the hall, licking something red from his lips, his eyes glowing red as blood.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home