Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Well this sucks

Since the first big snowstorm of the year in late November, I've only had 4 weeks where I didn't miss a day of work due to snow or drifting. Of those I lost 1 day due to problems with my truck and I lost enough hours to equal a full shift, so basically I've gone 3 weeks without missing a day. And 3 of those weeks were in a row in January.

I was looking at a fourth week until Saturday, when I missed a few hours due to visibility. And that was the end of that streak.

Late Sunday, it started snowing and was windy. Everyone was snowed in yesterday, although I didn't have to work anyways. Today, everyone was able to get into town, but will have to find someplace to spend the night. I walked about 1/3 of the way down our (1/2 mile long) driveway. In that distance, I found 6 spots that could cause me trouble. Knowing that the rest of the driveway is going to be worse, I turned around to get home and call into work.Int he 20 or so minutes it took me to get that far, my tracks had largely disappeared.

I could have, maybe gotten to work. It would have required me to maintain a steady speed and a straight line the whole way. In other words, I would have to be The Stig.

And now I just heard that they are pulling the plows at 2, so the driveway might not be cleared tomorrow either.

Looks like I'll be paying for 3 weeks of not missing a day by missing two this week.

yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home